We’re all about lists these days at NYQUEST, so here is a seasonal follow up to why Camp Counsellor Jobs in Canada are more awesome than the U.S!
Summer excitement, beach fun, canoe trips and the school break are drawing to a close; leaves are changing from green, to orange, to red; and the nights are getting cooler. The summer camp season in Canada transforms, and we are looking for those amazing Counsellors, support staff and activity instructors to stick around with us for another season!
Here’s what you need to do to join NYQUEST for work at a Extended Summer Camp in Canada!
Apply via the NYQUEST website and select the Extended Summer Placement option. If you’re already an accepted participant, just send us an email and we will follow up with next steps.
We know enthusiastic counsellors like you don’t need much convincing, but here are a few extra reasons to stick around this beautiful country
Extended Summer camp seriously rocks! Here’s why:
- The Scenery: Across the country, the landscape begins to change, new flowers bloom, and leaves start to take on new hues. There is no better photo op than at Extended Summer Camp in Canada!
- The Weather: Crisp mornings, and hot days that still encourage some lake dips, with cozy evenings roasting marshmallows by the bonfire. It’s the best of both worlds!
- Fewer Bugs: Need I say more? Most of you are familiar with the inevitable mosquitos and black-flies, and with the cooler nights, the presence of annoying insects is significantly decreased.
- A good nights sleep: Not only are nights cooler (which means less sweaty, hot, cabins!), but most campers do not stay over night. No interruptions to your sweet dreams.
- Different Activities: Groups of campers change over regularly, so working at a fall camp in Canada is characterized by loads of new campers each week and fun challenges of coming up with weather appropriate activities.
- Bonding time with your Colleagues: Be a part of a tight-knit group of Fall Camp staff! After the campers have gone home for the day enjoy the evenings together, swap summer adventures, and make friends that last a lifetime.
- The Wardrobe: We know that you wore the same pair of jean shorts and camp T all summer, well its Fall so time to bring out the plaid flannel and comfy hoodies!