Who we are:
Camp Canada by Nyquest is a group of previous camp counsellors who for the past 14 years have helped 100’s of summer camps across Canada find and recruit 1000’s of skilled, mature and dedicated international staff from around the world.
Based in Toronto, our team are all from camping and childcare backgrounds who specialize in sourcing, recruiting and supporting staff with childcare focused roles.
(we have even run our own family/grandparent camps)
We are creating Camp Counsellors by Nyquest to help parents and caregivers find skilled, experienced, dedicated and qualified camp counsellors with strong references to care for, teach and inspire their children.
Building upon our custom-built software that we use to facilitate the recruitment, placement and support of thousands of camp counsellors across North America, we are creating a customized on-line platform to connect enthusiastic camp counsellors who no longer have the opportunity to work at camp this summer, with paid opportunities with families.
We will start by opening up our platform to families and counsellors in and around the Greater Toronto area and we aim to quickly expand to other locations throughout Canada.
- Families can search for a counsellor that matches their family’s requirements:
- Filter by skills and abilities, language, a specific camp the staff member has worked at, age group preference, and more!
- Staff qualifications such as Standard First Aid, Qualified Lifeguard, Teaching Qualifications, Coaching Standards
- Counsellors will upload a detailed application, video showcases, references, and supporting documentation that best represents who they are and what they are interested in
- Families can review references, background checks before conducting video or in person interviews
- Everyone receives industry leading support from a team specializing in finding the right counsellors for the right positions!
Why we are doing this:
To use an unfortunately overused, but not understated phrase: these are unprecedented times. Thousands of children have lost their summer plans because they cannot attend summer camp this year due to the COVID-19 restrictions.
Thousands of incredible staff have lost their summer jobs with their camps – a place they consider their home!
We would like to ensure that the camp spirit lives on this summer, in a socially responsible way – let’s connect those that have been disconnected from camp!
How YOU can get involved
Please register your interest as a family looking for help, or as a counsellor looking for work, by completing the form below.
Let us know in as much detail as possible, what you are looking for and we will be in touch with information about costs and how to start utilizing our online platform as soon as it is ready.