NYQUEST works with many Jewish faith camps across Canada that are looking for Jewish applicants from all over the world! As the demand for Jewish camp counselors is so high, we can guarantee a camp placement at a Jewish camp for all Jewish participants that are accepted into the Camp Canada program!
What is a Jewish Summer Camp?
A Jewish camp will be very similar to any other summer camp in Canada. Along with the Jewish aspects of the camp, the camp will have a wide variety of activities such as land and water sports, outdoor skills, arts and crafts, drama, music and many more! We work with different types of Jewish camps with different levels of religious practice and observance:
- Reform, Conservative, Zionist, Secular Jewish
- Movement Camps – B’nai B’rith, URJ, etc.
- JCC Camps
- Camps with ‘traditional’ Jewish program (not religious, but with predominantly Jewish campers and Jewish traditions)
Working at a Jewish Camp:
- As a Jewish international staff you will get the chance to share traditions and customs of Judaism as observed in your country to camp.
- Work abroad and meet Jewish staff from Canada and all over the world
- The chance to express your religious beliefs, work with and care for campers with similar ideas and backgrounds.
- You do NOT have to be Jewish in order to work at a Jewish camp! Camps really enjoy having the diversity of people from other countries and other religions on their staffing team. If you are not Jewish you will not be expected to lead or participate in any Jewish programming.